Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The VRX-1 / NS-40 Project




This is my combining the VRX and NS-40.  It is constantly under going small mods. The transmitter has had its cryal removed and machined dip socket pins put in, this makes changing crysyals easy. The main advantage to this is your not stuck on one freq.  Next the rcvr will get that mod. I have 9 40m HC-49 case crystal. Things to come sidetone and replace that ugly toggle switch with a TR circuit.  Does it work, heck yes, its a blast. The rx is very good for a DC type. The TX puts out a hail over 6 watts according to my WM-2. I have had 4 contacts so far.

1 comment:

  1. Nice combo, Jerry! I'm going to do the same thing. I've finished the NS-40 but haven't built the VRX-1 yet. Looking forward to seeing what you come up for T-R switching!

    73.

    Jerry AA6KI
    Tucson

    ReplyDelete